Your Ears can indicate your health: don’t ignore these 8 Factors
Ear wax has a protective function and can indicate the state of our health
We will explain what it means:
What you do know about the human ear?
It allows people to hear what’s going on around them right, but also so much more!
Ear wax is not body waste! It’s kind of perfection
- It keeps the ear canal lubricated
- Prevents the ears from itching
- Prevents different pollutants from entering the inner ear
- Has antibacterial properties
Eating Time: When we chew, the movement pushes ear wax to the outer part of the ear
How ear wax can indicate the state of your health
Ear wax of a gray color: if your ear wax is gray without any other symptoms, there is nothing to worry about. It may pretty unusual and scary, but it is probably just dust.
This color of earwax is a regular thing for city dwellers because the air in cities is rather polluted.
If you notice such a color, your earwax succeeds in protecting your inner ear from anything that is not supposed to enter the ear canal.
But if along with the wax of such a color you feel itchiness, have dry or cracking skin inside the ear canal, there is a threat of seborrheic eczema.
Visit Hearing Aid Centre immediately Near By Centre in Chennai Red Hills, Royapuram, Korukkupet, Vyasarpadi, Tondiarpet, Tiruvottiyur, Ennore, Old washermenpet, Madhavaram, Manali new town, Naravarikuppam, Sowcarpet, Puzhal, Moolakadai, Central, Kodungaiyur East, Kodungaiyur West, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Mathur MMDA, Kolathur, Parry’s Corner, purasawalkam, Perambur, Manali, Vallalar Nagar, New Washermenpet, Mannadi, George Town, Basin Bridge, Park Town, Periametu, Choolai ,Veppery, Pattalam, Pulinanthope, M.K.B Nagar, Sharma Nagar, Selavoyal, Manjambakkam, Ponniammanmedu, Sembiam, T.V.K Nagar, I.C,F Colony north, Lakshmi puram, Oragadam, Ayapakkam, Pattravakkam, Thirumullaivoyal north, Avadi north, Kathivakkam, Kodambakkam, Kathirvedu, Erukanchery, Broadway, Jamalia, Kallikuppam, Pattabiram, Kosapet, Villivakkam, West Chennai, Porur, Anna Nagar, Annanur, Agathiyar Nagar, Ambattur, Bhuvaneshwari Nagar, Chinmaya Nagar, C.M.D.A Colony, Defence Colony, Padi, Ayappakkam, Korattur, Mogappair East, Mogappair West, Arumbakkam, Avadi, Pudur, Maduravoyal, Koyambedu, Ashok Nagar, KK Nagar, KK Nagar West, KK Nagar East, Karambakkam, Vadapalani, Saligramam, Shakthi Nagar, Sri Iyyappa Nagar, Virugambakkam, Alwarthirunagar, Valasaravakkam, Thirunindravur, Thirumangalam, Thirumullaivayal, Thiruverkadu, Nandambakkam, Nerkundrum, Nesapakkam, Nolambur, Ramapuram, Mugalivakkam, Mangadu, M.G.R Nagar, M.G.R Garden, Pallavan Nagar, Alapakkam, Poonamallee, Mowlivakkam, MMDA Colony, Thirumazhisai, South and East Chennai, Mylapore, Perungudi, Sholinganallur, Alandur, Adyar, Besant Nagar, Triplicane, T. Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Saidapet, Guindy, Madipakkam, Nanganallur, Velachery, Taramani, Pallikaranai, Keelkattalai, Kovilambakkam, Thoraipakkam, Neelankarai, Injambakkam, Chromepet, Pallavaram, Tambaram, Perungalathur, Palavanthangal, Peerkankaranai, Mudichur, Vandalur, Kolappakkam, Kandigai, Mambakkam, Pudhupakkam, Palavakkam, Varadharajapuram, Medavakkam, Suburban Chennai, Suburban Chennai includes almost half of the places in the , districts of Kancheepuram and Tiruvallur. Suburban Chennai is commonly called as Outer Chennai. Northern Suburbs of Chennai, Pazhaverkadu, Ponneri, Athipattu, Sholavaram, Minjur, Red Hills, Ennore, Western Suburbs Chennai, Avadi, Pattabiram, Thirunindravur, Iyyappanthangal, Kattupakkam, Poonamallee, Southern-western Suburbs of Chennai, Pallavaram, Pozhichalur, Anakaputhur, Pammal, Kundrathur, Mangadu, Chrompet, Thiruneermalai, Thirumudivakkam, Keelkattalai, Chitlapakkam, Tambaram, Selaiyur, Madambakkam, Medavakkam, Sithalapakkam, Kovilambakkam, Nanmangalam, Ullagaram, Suburbs along ECR and OMR of Chennai, Karapakkam, Kanathur, Muttukadu, Kelambakkam, Kovalam, Siruseri, Satellite Towns, Although technically not belonging to the Chennai Metropolitan area, many of these satellite towns are referred to as being within Chennai. Gummidipoondi, Tiruvallur, Sriperumpudur , Mahabalipuram ECR, Chengalpattu, GST Road, Important Roads of chennai, Anna Salai Mount Road, Poonamallee High Road, Inner Ring , road 100 Feet road or Jawaharlal Nehru road, Kamaraj Salai (Marina Beach road), Cenotaph Road, North Usman Road, Arcot Road, Mount-Poonamallee Road, Nungambakkam High Road, Outer Ring Road, Peters Road, Sardar Patel Road, Smith Road, Whites Road, Velachery Main Road, Tambaram Mudichur road , East Coast Road, Rajiv Gandhi Salai old mahabalipuram Road, Chennai-Tiruvallur High Road, Erukkancherry High Road , Grand Southern Trunk Road (GST Road), GST Road, Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR).
Ear Wax with traces of blood:
- Older ear wax can look darker having an appearance similar to blood.
- If you notice traces of real blood when cleaning your ears,
- It can indicate that your ear drum is perforated.
- It’s already a serious ground for concern.
- The eardrum functions as a natural barrier that prevents germs and bacteria from entering your inner ear.
- In case of its damage, your ears can be affected by infections, which can lead to otitis and consequently to the worsening oh your hearing.
- That is why it better to visit a doctor and take some precautions.
- In such a situation, there’s no reason to panic an eardrum with a rapture heals on its own perfectly well.
Ear wax of a Brown Color:
- Do you know where ear wax is produced?
- The organ responsible for that is apocrine glands.
- If that ear wax discharge is excessive and of darker colors,
- This can indicate that your body has gone through a very stressful time.
- The thing is that this is the way how apocrine glands react when you are afraid or anxious.
- You can compare it with sweating when you feel uncomfortable or nervous.
- That is why if you have noticed such changes in the body of the ear wax,
- You should try to spend a few days in a calm and peaceful environment.
Ear wax of a black Color:
- Black ear wax? Sound truly terrifying!
- No cause for alarm though. If it happened only once, there is nothing to worry about.
- It might just indicate that it has been an inhabitant of your ear for quite a long period.
- This phenomenon has a scientific explanation.
- Ear wax contains fats. When they interact with oxygen, the substance darkers.
- And the longer it stays in the ear – the longer it is exposed to oxygen – the darker it becomes.
- However, if your ears are itchy, you should visit a doctor.
- In this case, the black color of the earwax might signify a fungal infection.
Ear wax of a white color:
- Dry and flaky white ear wax is a quite common type.
- It can indicate the presence of a recessive gene.
- By the way, there is also a tendency that the bodies of people with such type of ear wax.
- Has less odor than that of people with dark ear wax.
- Almost 100 percent of people from Korea and northern china tend to have dry, light earwax.
- If you are not one of those born in the places mentioned above, the white color of your earwax can signify that there is a lack of vitamins and microelements inside your body, specifically iron and copper.
- That is why it is recommended to add beans and oatmeal to your diet.
- It wouldn’t harm to take a course of vitamins as well.
Ear wax with an unpleasant smell:
- If there is a strong unpleasant smell coming from your earwax, it can signify an infection inside your middle ear.
- An eardrum that is ruptured or compacted earwax.
- Another problem might be water trapped in the ear channel.it can lead to inflammation or a bacterial infection.
- Apart from the smell, you might also hear a noise or feel your ears pop from time to time.
- If you have these symptoms, don’t hesitate and visit an ENT Doctor.
- Never try to take out smelly ear wax on your own.
- If you start digging in your ear that is already infected with a pointed something, you will worsen the situation.
- It can turn out as bad as a ruptured eardrum!
Liquid Ear Wax:
- From time to time ear wax leaks out from the ear canal.
- It is a natural mechanism of ear cleaning performed by your body.
- But if the amount of the substance is overabundant or the consistency of your earwax has changed recently.
- It can indicate the start of the inflammation process.
- If on top of that, there is some blood leaking out as well,
- There is a great chance of your eardrum being perforated.
- If so, it is time to make an Appointment with a specialist.
Dry Ear Wax:
- The easiest explanation for ear wax dryness is the lack of lean fats inside your body.
- Apart from that, the reason could be dermatitis and other skin diseases, which can make your skin dry anyway except extreme cases, ear wax is not the reason to succumb to panic.
- However you may start to worry, in case of a blockage or an impaction of the ear canal.
See a Doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- The following of strange fullness in your or a plugged –up feeling;
- Pain in the ear;
- Unpleasant odor or itching;
- The feeling of your ear “ringing”;
- Impaired hearing or decrease of hearing sensitivity;
All of these signs can indicate a serious problem if wax impaction:
- You can take some preventive measures yourself
- Effective to use agents softening the wax
- It is enough to put a few drops of these substances into your ear once a week to soften the ear wax and help it to come out faster and with ease.
- Buy a special at home kit for their irrigation.
- Follow the instruction precisely step by step.
What you shouldn’t do to avoid any problems with your ears:
- Do not put pointed object into your ear canal.
- They will do nothing more than push the wax further inside the ear.
- It can result in a trauma caused to the wall of the canal or the eardrum.
- Say no ear candles.
- This practice of alternative medicine.
- Used to claim that lighting one side of a hollow candle.
- And putting the other side into the ear canal makes overall health better.
- So just stay clear of that. It is dangerous.
Top 3 most interesting facts about your ears:
- The inner ear is responsible for the equilibrium of your body
- If it gets damaged, a person experiences a never-ending feeling of “marry-go-round”.
- It may sound fun for about first 5 minutes; then It turns into a nightmare .
- Your ear functions even when you are sleeping.
- It keeps picking up sounds. Why don’t you wake up then?
- The brain blocks the noises out to let your body rest.
- Your ears are hairy from inside! We are not pulling your leg!
- The inner part of your ear is covered with more than 20 thousand of hair cells.
- They have a critical role these cells transmit sound to the brain.